A firewall is designed to monitor and block incoming and outgoing data to a network and blocks suspicious traffic as defined by security rules. If your business doesn’t have a good firewall in place, you are placing your data at serious risk.
Your network is susceptible to cyber-criminals hacking your network. A firewall is a protective barrier between your data and the outside world. Neglecting to use a firewall is comparable to an unlocked home vulnerable to thieves.
Here are some reasons why investing in a firewall is important for your network security:
- Prevents Cyber Attacks: Firewalls detect and blocks potential attacks coming from the outside world trying to enter your network.
- Increases Employee Productivity: Firewalls block inappropriate and unnecessary websites that are not business-related. Employees can focus more on their work and avoid unnecessary web browsing distractions.
- Allows Network Monitoring: It allows you to monitor and control network activity and warns if suspicious activity occurs.
- Virtual Private Network: Allows secure, private access to your company’s network to devices connected to the Internet with VPN software.
- Logs Network Traffic: Even if a breach does happen with a firewall, how do you know? Firewalls provide detailed forensics data that can assist in tracing security incidents or larger network issues.